Just like a tenon saw or a hacksaw, chainsaw plays the primary role of cutting huge logs of wood, which is then worked upon in the wood industry by the intricate woodworking professionals. However, choosing the best chainsaw among the many requires practical knowledge regarding the same. If you are a budding arborist and don’t know much about the technicalities of a chainsaw, then the buyer guide given below might be of great help to you. Before heading straight to that, let’s check out the top 7 trending chainsaws of 2022.
Table of Contents
1. Ejoyous 25.4CC Gas Chainsaw
Ejoyous 25.4CC Gas Chainsaw is a pro-grade saw powered by gas. The chainsaw is engineered with a sturdy bar and top grade chain, thereby ensuring swift cutting of the wood. This product can withstand prolonged usage keeping its durability undisturbed. Plus, being wear-resistant, you can derive the maximum usefulness of this device. The cord retainer maintains the chainsaw power from not getting disconnected. The tool-free saw chain tensioner allows making easy chain adjustments on the bar. The tank’s oil capacity is 160ml with medium range aerodynamic volume displacement of 25.4CC and motor speed of 3000 RPM.This chainsaw is perfect for cutting short log cutting jobs. The saw handle is designed ergonomically with a soft and comfortable grip that makes the device easy to hold for long during operation with minimal fatigue feeling. In all fairness, this chainsaw is perfect for pruning branches, cut swathe, and others.
- Quality gasoline saw for small cutting tasks
- Comfortable grip on the saw handle, ensuring reduced fatigue
- Good quality blade and chain used
2. Remington 41AY4214983 RM4214CS Gas Powered Chainsaw
Remington 41AY4214983 RM4214CS is a gas powered chainsaw with a bar length of 14 inch. The aerodynamic volume displacement is fair enough; 42CC. Plus, the full crank 2 cycle engine of this saw ensures powerful cutting potential while generating the least vibration. The lock-kickback saw can evenly cut through the hardest wood quite easily and swiftly. The durable cum lightweight framework of the device engineered with polymer chassis and easy grip renders reliable performance. Compared to other conventional gas chainsaws, this chainsaw is equipped with a quickstart mechanism. Just a quick, smooth pull and the saw is all set to get started with the work. Be it a lawn care task to other lumbering projects, all are supported by Remington 41AY4214983 RM4214CS.
- Maximum utility and minimal fatigue
- Quickstart mechanism
- Helps maintain the chain lubrication (to ensure smooth and safe cutting) by easy view on the oil level
- Three-point anti-vibration mechanism with comfortably-designed handle allows easy operation and maneuverability
- Not recommended for the pro-grade arborists.
3. Sun Joe SWJ599E Electric Chainsaw
Sun Joe SWJ599E Electric Chainsaw is a versatile saw, good for pruning limbs, overgrown branches,etc. The inbuilt safety switch keeps you safe from any accidental motor crank/start-up. The auto-oiler mechanism, with a chamber to gauge the level of oil inside the tank, keeps the chain and saw bar lubricated. So, you can experience smooth and hassle cutting of the wood without a pause. The device is electrically powered; do not require oil or gas to get the device started. The 9 amp powerful motor and a bar length of 14 inch makes the chainsaw ideal for slicing thick lumbers(of about 13.5 inch) at a single strike.
- Perfect for trimming limbs and branches
- Self-lubrication mechanism
- Easy to operate; starts cutting at a simple push of the start button
- Lightweight and value for money
- Ensures maximum maneuverability
- The manufacturer should focus on the durability of the product.
4. WEN 4017 Electric Chainsaw
WEN 4017 Electric Chainsaw is driven by a 12 amp powerful motor that rotates the Oregon chain at a speed of up to 44 feet/second. Being a lightweight choice, you can work with it on major wood projects constantly without a fatigue feeling. The auto-oiling system keeps the bar and the chain lubricated to extend the longevity of the chainsaw. The tool-less chain changing facility allows fast and easy chain replacement without requiring any extra accessory to do so. The best part of the product is that it renders emission-free cutting operation as it does not run on oil.
- Easy to operate
- High maneuverability
- Perfect fit for the occasional users
- Lightweight and hence, easy to handle during prolonged cutting jobs
- The auto-oiler mechanism may fail at times.
5. BLACK+DECKER Electric Chainsaw
BLACK+DECKER CS1518 Electric Chainsaw features a bar of 18 Inch. This corded saw renders strength required to cut through thick woods. The 15 amp powerful motor of this chainsaw is appropriate for making demanding cuts. The low-kickback chain and bar ensures improved cutting delivery. The device is equipped with an auto-oiler system that maintains the lubrication of the bar and chain constantly. A see-through window, on the other hand, lets you check the oil level inside. The optimal user safety is promised by the chain brake feature during sawing.
- Low kickback chainsaw
- Tool-less chain tensioning mechanism for quicker chain adjustment and replacement
- Auto-oiler mechanism for self lubrication of the chain and bar
- Chain brake (mechanical) safety feature during application
- Easy to assemble
- Oil level sags frequently after a few cuts only.
6. BLACK+DECKER LCS1020B Cordless Chainsaw
BLACK+DECKER LCS1020B Cordless Chainsaw features a saw bar of 10 inch and is driven by a 20 V Max rechargeable Lithium ion battery. However, the product package does not include a battery and charger. This low kickback saw bar and chain ensures smooth and fast cutting of wood. The tool-less chain tension system lets quick chain replacement and adjustment. The lightweight design of the device allows easy maneuverability, thereby reducing fatigue. The ergonomic wrap around bale grip increases comfort and control on the saw during use. The advanced oiler mechanism with a visible window to measure the oil level keeps you aware of the lubricity of the bar and chain.
- Swift and smooth sawing
- Easy adjustment tool-less chain tensioning facility
- Light in weight and easy to use
- Fit for non-commercial sawing purposes
- Automatic oiler mechanism for bar and chain lubrication
- Some users complained about the poor auto-oiler mechanism
- The device battery and its charger have to be bought separately
7. AchiForce Brushless Cordless Chainsaw
AchiForce Brushless Cordless Chainsaw features a brushless motor ensuring efficient wood cutting and heat loss to get maximal usability out of the device. The bar is 14 inch long and the chain cuts at a speed of 15 m/s.The inbuilt oil tank for auto-lubrication has a capacity of 6 ounce. Plus, there is a clear window to check the oil level, after every sawing. The auto-oiler pump helps keep the chain and bar lubricated for smooth cutting performance. The tool-less chain tensioning screw allows you to adjust the tightness of the chain without using any extra accessory. The device starts only after pulling the chain brake backwards. The ON/OFF and safety switches greatly prevent chances of mishaps or accidental motor startup. The front guard keeps your hand protected from getting injured or scratched during rigorous cutting applications.
- Powered by 2 Lithium ion batteries, ensuring prolonged runtime
- Better balance, comfort and control over the device during use
- Ergonomic back handle with minimal to no vibration when the motor is on
- Poor representation of the assembly instruction.
Buyer’s Guide: Things to Consider While Buying an Arborist Chainsaw
There are a number of factors to consider, but we have picked only the utilitarian ones that will help in making reasonable product selection and smart investment. Here are they:
Frequently Asked Questions
Well, we hope that the above review list and buyer’s guide makes your product selection and purchasing part easier. All the products reviewed above are unique with their own set of pros and cons. However, here are our top three picks from the above list:
- Ejoyous 25.4CC Gas Chainsaw This is for those who are looking for a gasoline powered chainsaw with an ergonomic grip for reduced fatigue during use.
- WEN 4017 Electric Chainsaw This is for those who are looking for a budget-friendly electric chainsaw for DIY or occasional wood projects.
- AchiForce Brushless Cordless Chainsaw This is for those who are looking for a cordless chainsaw that generates zero vibration while rendering absolute comfort and control in cutting logs.