BobsCNC is a company run by Bob, Pam, Kathy & Keith who are professionals in their respective fields. They have been providing high-quality machines for the last 25 years and have gained customer respect for the quality machines they manufacture.
BobsCNC has some great reviews on their machines especially the E3 (Evolution 3) and E4 (Evolution 4) which are the best selling BobsCNC machines. In this article, we will look at all the CNC routers made by BobsCNC and help you decide the best machine.
- 12 Best 4×8 CNC Routers in 2022: Top Choices by The Edge Cutter
- 10 Best Cheap CNC Machines in 2022: Top Products Reviewed
- 5 Best Chinese CNC Routers: Top CNC Machines Manufacturers
- 9 Best CNC Router for Cutting Aluminum Metal in 2022 | Top Picks Reviewed
- 5 Best CNC Routers for sign making in 2022: Reviews and Buying Guide
- 12 Best CNC Routers of 2022 For All Purposes: Reviews & Buying Guide
- 10 Best DIY CNC Routers in 2022: Reviews and Buying Guide
- 3018 Vs 3040 CNC Router : Which CNC Machine is Better? | The Edge Cutter
Your choice on the CNC router depends on factors like nature of project, your budget and materials that you will be working with.
Table of Contents
610mm X 610mm
Has SG20U Supported Rail System,
450mm X 390mm
GT2 Belt Drive On X And Y Axis.
If you are a woodworker then you should be able to figure out the best CNC router from the ones that BobsCNC makes, all because of quality and price.
BobsCNC Router Review
Here we will be looking at some of the machines that BobsCNC makes and walk you through what each one of them does the best.
BobsCNC machines are customer favorites because of the reason that they have the best software apart from producing really affordable machine with excellent features. The software is easy to understand and use and that ensure there is no misunderstanding between the operator and the way a router takes commands.
- Can a CNC Router Cut Steel? | Read How it’s done, at TheEdgeCutter
- Can CNC Routers Cut Metal? Answered! by Bill Baum at TheEdgeCutter
- What is the difference between a CNC router and a CNC mill?
- How much does it cost to build a CNC router? | The Edge Cutter
- How Long Would It Take to Drill Holes with a CNC Router?
- How Long Does it Take to Build a CNC Router? | The Edge Cutter
- How to Add Laser to a CNC Router ? | The Edge Cutter
- How to Bore Right Angle on CNC Router Table? | The Edge Cutter
- How to Calibrate CNC Router with Arduino? | The Edge Cutter
If you wish to have a custom software for your machine then you can select the best cnc software from this guide.
Once you have bought any machine, What really matters is the customer support which is great as they ensure no matter what issue you have, its been taken care of. You can purchase these machines from different online stores that support shipping to your area. The prices are also affordable and low as compared to others.
4 Best BobsCNC Routers in the Market
With a bigger cutting space, the BobsCNC KL744 offers enough table area to work on large sheets of wood. KL744 kit comes with 12mm 9 ply Baltic birch and an SG25U supported rail system for better performance that means the overall output will be much better. The steel-reinforced T5x15 Bell-Everman belt system provides more durability to the machine that gives a lot of confidence to the operator.
The 425 oz. in NEMA 23 Servo motor Closed Loop Quadrature Encoder and Hall Effect Home Switches allow better current management in the machine that is also important from a safety point of view. Drag chain wire management allows the operator to easily do the job without getting the wires tangled or any other problems with the cables. The DeWalt DW611 router OR Makita RT071C is also included in the kit.
The KL744 is designed to use GRBL firmware on the Arduino Uno with the self squaring gantry which allows working easier. This machine has a dual 48 VDC power supply which means less consumption of energy. All these features are available in a single machine price around two thousand dollars.
- How to Convert CNC Router into 3D Printer? | The Edge Cutter
- How to Cut Tiles With a CNC Router? | The Edge Cutter
- How to Design a 5-axis CNC Router? | The Edge Cutter
- How to do Engraving With the 3020 CNC Router? | The Edge Cutter
- How To Load Tools In A CNC Router? | The Edge Cutter
- How To Make Money With A CNC Router? | The Edge Cutter
- How to Operate a CNC Router? | A step by step guide for beginners
- How To Shield Noise From CNC Router? | The Edge Cutter
- How To Use A CNC Router To Cut Aluminium ? | TheEdgeCutter
Just like the KL744, the BobsCNC KL733 kit carries the same basic features. From the Baltic Birch to the power supply, both these machines provide the same features. The main difference between these two is the assembled footprint and the cutting area. The assembled footprint has a length of 48″, 48″ wide; the height is 37″, and it has an estimated weight of 160 lbs which is lesser than the KL744. The milling area contains the following:
- X: 36″ (914 mm)
- Y: 36″ (914 mm)
- Z: 5″ (127 mm)
- Gantry Clearance: 4.5″ (114 mm)
These features make the size of the KL733 lesser so if you want lesser milling space then KL733 is your best choice. It can be preferred by hobby woodworkers or newbies for its less space. The price of this machine is also less than the KL744.
KL733 is not the only option for hobby woodworker, infact we compiled a list of 10 best CNC router for hobbyists from where you can choose your next router.
3. The E3
BobsCnC E3 (Evolution 3)carries some great features that many old machines lacked for so many years. E3 Router comes with a rigid laser cut frame which strengthens the overall body of the machine.
- What is the difference between Machine Zero Vs Work Zero in a CNC router ? | The Edge Cutter
- What Materials Can a CNC Router Cut? | TheEdgeCutter
- What Size CNC Router Do You Need? | Choosing the Right Machine for Your Needs
- 10 Best Cheap CNC Machines in 2022: Top Products Reviewed
- 9 Best CNC Mills under 10k in 2022: Reviews and Buying Guide
- 10 Best Desktop CNC ( For Hobbyists and SMBs): Reviews and Guide
- BobsCnC E3 Review: Features, Pros and Cons, Woodworker’s Rating
- Boxzy CNC Review: A 3-in-1 3D Printer, CNC Mill and Laser Engraver
The SG20U supported rail system makes the movement faster and precise to get the proper carving on the board. The GT2 belt drive on the X and Y axis and 5/16-18 nut on the Z axis allow you to work with more perfection and giving you that extra flexibility for complex designs.
Another interesting feature making the E3 better is home switches on all axes so you have full control over the different axis of the machine. It also has an MDF Spoil-board with 1/4-20 threaded inserts. The kit also contains DeWalt DW660 router and the E3 is designed to use GRBL firmware on the Arduino Uno software.
Well if you wish to have a router of more power or with other specific requirements then read this post about some the best routers for CNC machine to help you out in finding the the right one for you.
The assembled footprint in the E3 has a length of 24.8″, a width of 25.2″, a height of 18.9″ and weighs 25 lbs. The dimensions of the cutting area contain X which is 17.7″, Y which is 15.3″, and Z at 3.3″. These smaller dimensions allow the E3 to function properly without disturbing your working environment.
It can work heavy-time and covers a very small space, hence move it easily.
Read the full comprehensive review of Bobscnc E3
4. The E4
The E4 is the latest model by bobsCNC and till now the last one in the E (Evolution)series. The best thing about the E4 is large working table which allows you to work on large sheets of plywood, wood, aluminium as the cutting space is big. The features of the E4 are similar to the E3 except for the assembled footprint and the cutting area. Both of these are bigger than the E4 with bigger dimensions.
The assembled footprint in the BobsCNC E4 kit is 30” long, 37.2” wide, 18.9” tall and weighs up to 42 lbs. The table area is also big to accommodate larger sheets and bigger wood pieces. The milling area has the dimensions with X at 24”, Y at 24” and Z at 3.3”. The entire construction is laser cut and you can literally see it in the design of BobsCNC Evolution 4.
- How Much does a Small CNC Machine Cost? | The Edge Cutter
- How Precise is a CNC Machine? Understanding the Accuracy and Repeatability
- LinkSprite CNC Review: How good is this 3 Axis Engraver Machine?
- Maslow CNC Review: The Detailed Breakdown of this Hanging CNC Router
- MillRight CNC M3 Review: Comprehensive Detailed Breakdown of it’s Quality
- Mostly Printed CNC (MPCNC) Review: Everything You Need To Know
- MySweety CNC 1610 Review: A Detailed Breakdown of this DIY Machine
If you have to work on bigger sheets then the amazing E4 is your best bet at doing this. You can easily carve any design on bigger sheets with the latest Arduino Uno. The E4 comes with a price of just $898.
Why Choose Bob’s CNC?
With so many different providers, you should always hunt for the reason as to why give preference to a particular model or brand. When it comes to bobscnc, there are quite a few reasons like a short comparison can tell why BobsCNC is better than other manufacturers.
The first best thing about BobsCNC machines is that it is cheaper than many other brands in the market. The machines at any other company, for example, Shapeoko are quite expensive but BobsCNC has some very affordable machines which can perform similar functions as shapeoko. All their products have great design since they are laser cut frame. Machines like Evolution 3 and Evolution 4 comes with Makita router fitted inside them.
Read this post about the best cheap cnc routers to find more cheaper options like BobsCNC’s routers.
Another feature is the size of these machines. BobsCNC machines are quite small-sized than many other machines in the market. With machines such as E3, you can work from your home or any other place if you do not have a large warehouse or workplace but if you see at the Shapeoko 3, it doesn’t provide you this type of comfort at all. The Shapeoko 3 is a metallic machine which is heavy and big and only a big workplace can hold it but you can put Bob’s CNC E3 anywhere.
- OX CNC Review: A Detailed Review of this Openbuilds Routing Machine
- Pilot Pro CNC Review: Everything You Need to Know About This Router Kit
- Stepcraft 840 Review: A detailed Review of this CNC Machine
- How Many Types Of CNC Machines Are There? | The Edge Cutter
- What is a Vertical CNC Machine ? A Brief guide to Vertical CNC Machining
- Why is CNC Machine so Expensive? | The Edge Cutter
- Zen Toolworks CNC carving machine 7×7 DIY Kit Review of 2022
The package also has to do a lot with the purchasing thing. With machines from other companies, you have to purchase so many things separately but if you purchase BobsCNC machines, you get so much in the box like the latest software and many more so this is a plus point.
BobsCNC has over 90% of positive customer reviews which you can check on different platforms including their official website. Customers at Amazon and eBay have given positive reviews for the products and are happy with them. You may also see some negative comments but they are just a few and BobsCNC works to improve the machines so go get your machine now. Every machines has some pros and cons but with BobsCNC products, you can ignore the cons since they don’t impact the way your end result will come out.
Now that you know about 4 different BobsCNC routers, it all boils down to your needs or the sole objective to purchase a router. When it comes to BobsCNC, they have machines that cater for all types of different needs like for hobby bloggers, there E3 which is small but if you are a pro woodworker that works on complex designs then you can definitely prefer the E4. At our garage, we have worked multiple times on E3 and E4, we were satisfied with the entire package and most importantly the customer support given by this brand.