Bosch is one of the most prominent names when it comes to industrial tools. We have all grown up watching the drilling machines and cutting machines with the red Bosch logo. If you are a woodworker then you also know how reliable and sturdy Bosch router bits are!
Many people get confused while buying the best routers bits for their next woodworking project. Bosch is one of the best manufacturer of woodworking tools and their products are known for quality and top notch customer service. We at our workshop ourselves use Bosch router bit set for a few tasks and suggest you to try them once. But every customer has their own requirements and tastes.
So, we will try to mention some features, advantages of Bosch products and review some of their router bits so that you can decide your own choice for your next woodworking project.
Bosch Speed Steel Carbide-Tipped Keyhole Bit
Great for mounting slots in picture frames, plaques and other wall decorations
Bosch All-Purpose Professional Router Bit Set (10-Piece)
1/2-Inch and 1/4-Inch
Micro-grain Carbide tips which are great for sharper edges and smoother finish
Bosch 15-Piece Set Router Bit Set
15 Piece Set Perfect For Working On Soft And Hard Wood And Wood Composites
Bosch Carbide Tipped Tongue and Groove Bit
Micro-grain Carbide tips provide superior wear resistance and long life
Bosch Carbide Double-Flute Upcut Spiral Router Bit
Micro-grain bits that provide exceptional smoothness of cut and balanced cutting with minimal vibration
Bosch Standard Tools And Other Products
Bosch is one of the top-rated hardware companies in the world. This company manufactures all kinds of hardware and tools needed in industries and building purposes. There are many products according to their applications.
- Power Tools: Mainly cordless tools, drills, power drills, screwdrivers, rotating hammers, grinders, diamond drillers, polishers, etc. belong to this category. Routers are also from this category. There are also tools for dust extraction.
- Accessories: Different types of saw blades, hole cutters, chisel tools, router bits, cutting knives, cutting discs, etc. are in this category.
- Measuring tools: Various laser tools, floor lasers, detecting tools, pointing lasers, tripods, acceptors can be included in this category. These are very advanced.
Bosch manufactures these tools with high-quality steels and metalloids. These tools are very advanced and can be ideal for all kinds of industrial applications.
Reason Behind Using Bosch Router Bits
Let's discuss some of the advantages of using Bosch Router bits:
- Durable: The first requirement of a good hardware tool is its durability. Bosch tools are made of high-quality steel and metalloids. These are not easy to break and quite durable.
- Uniformness: The tips and drilling designs are so accurate that the tools can polish and make holes of uniform specifications and accuracy. The finishing is also smoother than other similar products.
- Micrograin: The Micrograin bits available on the surface makes the function smoother.
- Special hook angles and sharp tips: The specially angled hooks and sharp tips make the hole digging, easier.
- Reusable cases: Along with the products, Bosch provides special storage cases. These cases are reusable.
- Low vibration: Bosch measurement tools are manufactured in a special way that they can absorb intense vibrations.
Fact: In 1886 German businessman Robert Bosch founded this company near Stuttgart in Germany. And the company was named on his last name.
He wanted to bring a revolution in the engineering industry, and he actually succeeded. Mr. Bosch was the owner of 92% of the company. And the remaining part goes to charities.
5 Best Bosch Router Bits Review
Bosch 85078 ⅜ In High-Speed Steel Carbide-Tipped Keyhole Bit is a premium quality micro grain carbide tips. This product is ground on the best CNC equipment.
This tool is used for cutting keyholes in plaques, pictures, and other wall hanging. These router bits are mainly famous for their material selection, for their perfectly calculated cutting geometry, for their long bit life, for their sharp cutting edges, and it also has a very low vibration.
This tool has a plunge tip design and also has high-speed steel varieties.
The large diameter of this product is 3/8”, the small diameter is 3/16,” and the cutting edge of the tool is 7/16”. The length of these bits is 1-9/16”.
The Bosch keyhole bit is a router bit that will be very helpful for household use as it is very available at a low cost. They will also be useful for cutting letters or flawlessly making small keyholes.
Bosch RBS010 ½-Inch and ¼-inch Shank Carbide-Tipped All-Purpose Professional Router Bit Set, 10-Piece is a toolset for the professional woodworker.
This bit set offers a good variety of carbide- tipped bits. The professionals use this bit for straight, trimming, decorative edging and also used for many furniture cutting and even for woodworking jobs application.
The micro-grain carbide tips of this router bit provide superior wear resistance and long life to the bit.
The premium quality of the micro-grain carbide tips of this tool, which are formed on CNC equipment, provides an extra-fine finish with maximum sharpness.
It also has a smooth and tight-fitting joint for the perfect finish.
The ten sets of the router bits provide good cutting tools set to the professional woodworker at an affordable price. It is best for woodworkers who like router bits to work on wood.
Bosch is a very famous German company dealing with engineering and technology. Bosch is well-known for its home appliances like ovens, hobs, microwaves, chimneys, washing machines, tumble dryers, washer dryers, etc.
They are also famous for their fridges and freezers, dishwashers, mixer grinders, food processors, hand blenders, etc.
Bosch Router bit set is a professional fifteen-piece wood cutting tool that is useful for any works involving wood.
This is an excellent tool for carpenters, joiners, builders, construction workers, interior decorators, and anyone who works with wood. The router bit set can be used on both hard, softwood, and other kinds of wood composites.
The set comes with a flush cutter, chamfer cutter, round cutter, profile cutter, and many other things. The Carbide cutting edges of the tools makes them last a long time.
Anyone can use the tools in the router set in a variety of profiles because they have various cutting geometries.
Bosch gives much importance to the safety of their products. The router set is made with the safety guidelines of DIN EN-847. The set also comes in 6mm and 8 mm shank diameter.
Bosch is a brand that is well-known for its products. Their home appliances and professional tools are both top-notch.
Bosch is a German company that deals with engineering and technology. They make premium quality home appliances like food processors, hand blenders, as well as hard work tools and appliances. Their Carbide tipped Tongue and Groove bit is no exception.
The tool comes with micro-grain carbide tips that are ground on specialized CNC equipment. This gives the tools a very fine finish with great sharpness and edge retention.
Tongue and groove tools cut the tongue and groove joints. The product also comes with hard and tempered steel shank. This gives the tools its durability.
There are some problems with the upper blade and securing the nut. It also does not come with any instruction guide. Overall it is a handy product.
Bosch is a well known German brand that specializes in engineering and technology. Their home appliances are very good.
They make products like washing machines, micro-ovens, tumbler's dryers, etc. They are also famous for their fridges and freezers, dishwashers, mixer grinders, food processors, hand blenders, etc.
They also make various tools that are very useful for both professionals and amateurs. Their Solid Carbide Double- Flute Upcut Spiral Router bit is no exception.
This router bit is specially designed for a fast feed rate and chip removal. It will be applicable to those materials that are hard to route.
The tools also come with premium micro-grain carbide that gives it a long shelf life. The tools are made to withstand a lot of heat.
The extra heat-treating process makes the finishing product very fine. The router bits can be used for mortising, edge forming, trimming, surface forming, etc.
Bosch VS Freud
If you are looking for the best hardware tools, two companies give great competition to each other. Just like Bosch, Freud is another leading hardware company.
There are some differences in their product qualities and specifications.
- Both the products have high durability, but Bosch provides a twelve-bit box for $288. On the other hand, Freud delivers a thirteen-bit box for $199.
- Bosch carrying boxes are covered with Teflon. But Freud’s Router Bits carrying boxes are not.
- Bosch products contain Micrograin that makes the function smoother. Freud’s products do not contain these particles.
- Bosch focuses on wireless accessories. Freud focuses on wired accessories.
- Most of the Bosch products are wear-resistant and can guarantee you a long-life. Freud products are also wear-resistant. Even the bags provided by Freud are also much protective.
- The diamond drillers of Bosch are thinner and make finer holes. The diamond drillers of Freud are thicker.
There are several reasons why anyone will love to choose Bosch router bits. But many perspectives control durability and effectiveness.
For example, the wireless components are excellent and ideal for any place. But these components also require extra charging or batteries.
Bosch router bits are costlier too but that's because they make such powerful tools. So, it depends on the capability of the user and the place of application. Still, I want to mention a Bosch product that I personally use and recommend you to use as well.
Bosch High-Speed Steel Carbide Keyhole Bit is an advanced type of keyhole bit used to make keyholes on wooden doors and furniture.
You can also use it to make slots in photo frames and any wall hanging substances. The narrow and accurate tip prevents it from breaking and helps you to make uniform holes. The carbide tips with Micro-grain make it durable and resistive towards wear.