Chainsaw has always been the woodworker’s mate ever since it arrived in the market. From overgrown shoot trimming to huge log cutting, chainsaw is the ultimate solution to all. Well, if you are here for one, you might be having some idea regarding chainsaws. However, this article will be helpful for a beginner as well as we have added a buyer’s guide to help the buyer choose a purposeful chainsaw out of the many. Before that, we have included a list of 8 chainsaws, typically for firewood cutting. Each of 8 chainsaw models has been vividly described including the respective pros and cons. So, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Reviews of Top 8 Chainsaws for Firewood
1. Makita EA4300F40B Chain Saw
The Makita EA4300F40B Chainsaw features a large metal bar with spikes on it for increased productivity. The saw has a durable two point chain brake. The improved lubrication of the saw chain and bar is ensured by the oil retaining feature of the16 inch reversible sprocket nose bar. The lateral chain tensioning feature allows convenient and swift chain adjustment. Easily cleanable chain compartment allows hassle free cleaning of the wooden chips from the gaps, even while rip-cutting. The ergonomic and compact product design with smooth rounded surfaces facilitates comfortable handling and operation. A single level control turns off the chainsaw engine through its touch and stop feature. Makita EA4300F40B has a 42 cc oil chamber, so you can expect an optimal level of power supply to cut enough firewood at a go. Its wide oil and fuel tank openings with S-type caps eases the operation.
- Allows tool-free access to air-filter for easy maintenance
- Compact and lightweight
- High engine performance
2. EGO Power+ CS1800 56-Volt Cordless Chain Saw
EGO Power+ CS1800 Cordless Chainsaw is a powerful cum innovative cutting tool, fit for firewood pruning. The re-designed chain tensioning feature tightly fits the saw chain with a single twist of the dial. The 18 inch vicious saw bar and chain make a perfect contrast together to easily cut down large logs of wood, storm-damaged trees, branches, overgrown shoots, firewood, tall trees, and more. The LED flashlights on the chainsaw makes it easy for the user to work in dull and dark workplaces, or in deep forests with minimal sunlight. You can use it as an emergency cutting tool in places with zero access to light. This battery driven chainsaw delivers the ultimate cutting performance without generating noise, fumes or fuss.
- Bright LED flashlights makes it a most-sought cutting tool
- Noise free performance
- Brushless motor increases durability of the chainsaw
- Lightweight and easy to operate
- The chainsaw battery and its charger have to be bought separately
- The saw chain may get loose and come off occasionally
3. Litheli 40V Cordless Chainsaw
Litheli Cordless Chainsaw is yet another cutting device, featuring a brushless motor which increases the chainsaw durability. It assures a higher conversion efficiency of more than 85%. The device makes smooth cuts at a chain speed of about 36 feet/second. The tool features double-brake protection; that means the chainsaw is started by pulling the brake lever of the chain and then further secured with a lockout switch to prevent accidental device startup. The auto oiling feature keeps both the chainsaw bar and the chain well lubricated throughout the cutting process. The tool-less tensioning knob allows quick tightening of the saw chain without requiring any extra accessory to do so.
- Notable battery life
- Dual safety brake features
- Light in weight
- The manufacturer should focus on the battery and charger quality.
4. Sun Joe iON100V-18CS-CT Cordless Handheld Chainsaw
Sun Joe iON100V-18CS-CT Cordless Chainsaw is a 100 Volt Li-ion based tool that renders both the power and performance of a gas driven chainsaw. The tool is perfect and convenient for outdoor use including branch trimming, lumbering, etc. iON100V features a sturdy motor of 1500 Watt and the premium quality 18 inch saw bar along with the chain precisely cuts through the limbs and trunks that are around 17 and ½ inch wide. You can also utilize the chainsaw for clearing away the fallen or damaged trees, branches, and dense brush. No carbon emission and zero-fade power performance makes it one of the most demanded chainsaws. The high-end safety features of iON100V consist of a durable and non-slip front handle with a kickback brake control for added stability, an inbuilt protective switch to avoid accidental device startup, and a sheath for storing the bar and chain safely after the work is completed. It is the ever deal to make as the iON100V chainsaw comes with a 2 year warranty period. Rest assured, you will get hassle-free cutting performance, for several months at a stretch with this cordless, cutting-edge tool.
- Tool free chain tensioning feature
- Powerful chainsaw motor of 1500 Watt
- Auto oiler mechanism keeps the chain and bar well lubricated during prolonged cutting projects
- Has a safety hand brake for kickback control, front hand grip for stability, and an inbuilt lockout switch to prevent mishaps
- The chain keeps coming out from the bar at times.
5. PAXCESS 12-inch Cordless Chainsaw
PAXCESS Cordless Chainsaw is the most demanding cordless chainsaw of its kind. The battery is upgraded to provide an amperage of about 4.0 Ah, meaning that the battery delivers sufficiently high power while cutting huge wood pieces or branches. Apart from providing an efficiently high power supply, the PAXCESS chainsaw extends the device runtime along with its motor durability. The part of this chainsaw model is that it is comparatively quieter than a gasoline chainsaw; no ear-plugs required.This is a low-maintenance cordless chainsaw. So, you are free from the unwanted greasiness or smell of gasoline. Simply set the battery inside and switch in the chainsaw and you are good to get started with your cutting task. Rest assured, the device is both user-friendly and safer to use compared to other gas chainsaws or cordless electric chainsaws. The ergonomic cum vibration-less system with a fully cushioned wrap around handle makes the saw more comfortable to handle with improved balance and maneuverability. The instant chain brake control prevents possibilities of mishaps, allowing you to use the saw more securely.
- Engineered with high power engine to deliver maximum cutting efficiency
- Compact design and soft rubberized handle with anti–vibration mechanism gives good grip on the device
- Fit for trimming or cutting trees, overgrown shoots, firewood and storm damaged vegetation, etc.
- Suitable for landscaping and gardening tasks
- Good battery life
- Delivers even cuts
- The manufacturer must focus on the engine startup system of the product.
6. Worx WG322 20V Power Share Cordless Chainsaw
Worx WG322 Cordless Chainsaw is highly recommended to the pro-grade lumberjacks and woodworkers who prefer faster cuts. This cordless cutting tool ensures cleaner cuts and is powerful enough without having the need for cord or gas. The auto chain tensioning feature maintains the correct tension on the bar to get the job done in no time. The battery of this chainsaw supplies sufficient to get all of your tasks done without requiring frequent battery replacement. The auto lubrication system makes cutting smoother and more efficient, thereby extending the tool durability. The oil level gauge, on the other hand, alerts you about the lubrication status of the chainsaw. Furthermore, this lightweight cum compact cutting tool weighs only around 6.2 pounds, which is not more than what a 2 litre soda bottle weighs. This lets you work longer with WG322 without feeling fatigue. The chain speed is considerably high with a range of around 12.5 foot/second. So, with it, you can expect to cut through any reasonable size of branch, log or damaged vegetation.
- Durable, compact, and lightweight tool
- Auto lubrication and chain tension features deliver smooth cutting experience
- Notable battery life and sheerness of the chainsaw
- Bar oil may leak at times.
7. Worx WG305.1 Corded Electric Chainsaw
The Worx WG305.1 Corded Electric Chainsaw is a compact power reservoir. It features an 8 Amp electric motor integrated in an efficiently lightweight 14 inch design. The patented tool-less, auto chain tensioning system of this low-maintenance chainsaw adds durability to the device and makes chain adjustment easier. Added to that, there is an oil level indicator to keep a check on the lubricity of the bar and chain prior to starting the cutting operation. The ergonomic rubberized handle provides a firmer grip (on the chainsaw) and improved stability during use. In all fairness Worx WG305.1 is an easy to operate cutting tool, perfect for light to medium-grade tasks including pruning, trimming, lumbering, and light clean ups in the garden.
- Easy to operate
- Value for money
- Ergonomic choice with high maneuverability
- Compact and light in weight
- Some users found the product functioning unsatisfactory.
8. Greenworks Corded Electric Chainsaw 20332
Greenworks Corded Electric Chainsaw 20332 features a 14.5 Amp high torque electric motor which starts in seconds, delivering substantial power to get the task done. The 18 inch saw bar and chain makes the cutting of large lumbers a breeze. The tool-free chain tensioning system allows making swift chain adjustment for quick adjustments, saving much of your time to get the work done in no time. The auto oiler mechanism keeps the chainsaw lubricated, ensuring smooth cutting performance without any hurdle. The wrap around handle facilitates wood cutting in multiple positions. So, it is easy to utilize the tool while trimming or cutting at varied angles.
- Smooth cutting operation and minimal noise generation
- Easy plug and use chainsaw; no extra hassle of battery charging or replacement
- Budget-friendly choice
- The chainsaw might come defective or poor quality at times.
Buyer’s Guide: Things to Consider to Buy the Right Chainsaw
If you go thoroughly through the internet resources, then there are more than enough points to count on before buying the right chainsaw from the many. So, we did that part for you and profiled a couple of unavoidable factors that you must consider while purchasing a chainsaw. Rest assured, you will end up making a purposeful product selection followed by a smart investment.
Well, there are many other buyer guide factors and products, but the ones mentioned at the top would be sufficient to serve your requirement. All the products reviewed above are uniquely effective with their own set of pros and cons. However, here are our top three picks from the list:
- Makita EA4300F40B Chainsaw This is for those who are looking for a compact chainsaw with better power to weight ratio.
- PAXCESS Cordless Chainsaw This is for those who are looking for a top of the line cordless electric chain with long lasting battery and even cut delivery.
- Greenworks Corded Electric Chainsaw 20332 This is for those who are looking for an economical option with minimal noise generation and smooth cutting experience.