High quality impact socket sets are difficult to find. However, finding a good socket set within a reasonable budget that performs way better than or just like a branded impact socket set is more difficult to find. That’s why we have compiled a list of the impact sockets trending on the market.
Just remember that while using an impact gun, make sure to use the appropriate sockets. For example, impact guns do not support the standard sockets as the high-torque can damage the socket by cracking or warping it. So, you should always use the dedicated set of sockets that are solely designed for impact usage. It is true that the reputed brands like Snap-On might last longer additionally backed by a great warranty period. They, however, cost higher than normal. So, if you are on a tight budget, here is the top list of impact sockets that won’t cause a dent in your pocket.
Table of Contents
Top Affordable Impact Sockets
1. TEKTON 1/2-Inch Drive Deep Impact Socket set
Tekton ½ inch Impact Socket Set is one of the most-sought impact socket sets. The package contains a set of 15 pieces of impact sockets, ranging within 10 mm to 24mm, costing twice or thrice over the actual price. Note: Certain impact socket sets come incomplete, lacking some sizes. So, make sure to go through the product package description, to know if it contains all the required socket sizes.Added to that, every impact socket is etched with laser technology to give it an accurate size value. This makes the right socket easy and quicker to find during the work. Metric impact sockets are the most fit for automotive work including the removing of lug nuts from a car wheel.
- Includes 6 point impact sockets ensures better grip over the operating accessory
- Laser etched high contrast size markings on every socket
- Has 15 sockets packed within a no gap storage case
- Value for money
2. Neiko 02443A Complete 3/8″ and 1/2″ Drive Impact Socket Set
Neiko 02443A ⅜ inch and ½ inch Impact Socket Set comes with a carrying case. Plis, it is yet another socket set option that comes within a reasonable price. Neiko features a contrast of both Metric and SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) sizes within this single socket kit. Having the availability of varied socket sizes makes the set much convenient for DIY enthusiasts and automotive mechanics alike.The 6-point flank socket drives the flat nut sides for maximum power keeping the corners undisturbed. Tool Tip: Basically the 6 point impact sockets are widely used compared to the 12 point impact sockets. This minimizes the chances of stripping fasteners. It is rather more critical whilst dealing with pneumatic impact guns designed to deliver a high amount of torque.Apart from the high quality construction, this socket kit contains an adapter followed by 2 extension bars, for additional versatility. So, if you are planning to buy an all purpose impact socket set to utilize it for varied projects, go for Neiko 02443A.
- A complete inventory of impact sockets set with both Metric and SAE sizes
- 6 point flank sockets are compatible with both electric and pneumatic impact guns
- Comes with an adapter and 2 socket extension bars to work on the areas that hard to reach
3. Tacklife Drive Impact Socket Set
TackLife Impact Socket Set is yet another high quality socket set that comes within a storage kit. The price of this premium Black Oxide socket set is close to the Neiko 02443A sockets kit. The entire finishing of the sockets is protected by Black phosphate, preventing the set from rusting.
- Typically made for using with any electric, pneumatic, as well as cordless impact wrenches
- The kit includes 14 pieces of sockets followed by 3 extension bars and carrying case
- The product meets or outperforms the ANSI (American National Standards Institute) performance standards
4. Tekton Lug Nut Service Kit
Tekton Lug Nut Service Kit includes dual sided impact sockets for removing lugs nuts from cars, trucks, and other such vehicles. Like any other socket kit, this also comes with a protective storage case. Each of the sockets is super handy to use and are typically designed for wheeling or removal of lug nuts.
- Both sided impact sockets
- Presence of color codes make it easier to identify the size of each of the impact tools
- Includes an extension bar finished with Black Oxide
- Compact socket kit makes it easy to carry along, suitable for the users who are mostly on the move
5. Grey Pneumatic 1/4″ Drive Master Socket Set
Grey Pneumatic ¼ inch Drive Master Socket Set is a compact socket kit option, typically meant for automotive purposes. Like the previous option, this kit is suitable for those professional mechanics who mostly deal with four-wheeler repairing. Also, it is fit for a DIY user as well. Tool Tip: This tool kit is a great option for domestic and foreign vehicles, especially cars; be it old or new. This compact size socket kit is designed better to fit into every hard to reach corners, as mostly dealt in automotive applications. If this socket kit is paired with a compact electric impact gun, you can easily break loose even the most obdurate bolts as well.
- Constructed out of high quality steel (Chrome-Molybdenum mixture)
- Comes with ½ inch universal joint impact socket along with a 3 inch extension bar, plus a carrying case
- The sockets are thicker compared to the standard ¼ inch socket size, however, made for impact usage
6. Stanley 97-126 11 Piece Metric Deep Impact Sockets
Stanley 97-126 11 Piece Metric Deep Impact Sockets is the most cost-effective set if that is what you are looking for on the market. It comes with a protective sockets carrying case. The package includes a set of 11 pieces of ½ inch drive, 6 point Metric impact sockets held within the storage case. If you are looking for the deal, then this is it!
- 6 point socket design with ½ inch drive
- Limited lifetime guarantee makes the tool kit the most popular among its counterparts
Note: You may not get all the required socket sizes within this kit. It only includes the sizes ranging from (10 to 17) mm, 19 mm, 21 mm, 22 mm, and 24 mm. So, make sure to double check to reconfirm which sizes are included and which ones you need. However, it is a great starter tool set for the beginners, that too available within a reasonable price. You can conclude most of your general impact applications with this Stanley socket kit.
Things to Consider While Buying a Socket Set
A socket set consists of many accessories and tools. In order to select and purchase the appropriate impact tool set that fits your purpose, try considering the following factors:
Top Three Picks
- Neiko 02443A- This is for those who are looking for a versatile impact sockets set, that is fit for both DIY hobbyists and automotive professionals, then go for this.
- Stanley 97-126 11- If you are looking for the most budget-friendly sockets set, then this is it.
- Grey Pneumatic ¼ inch Drive Master Socket Set- If you are looking for a compact socket set typically designed for 4-wheelers, then go for this option.