Pilot Pro CNC is a machine made up of high-quality components. This is a router with a solid structure that helps you catch rapid speed quickly. You get 8020 aluminum extrusions, Hiwin rails, and ball screws without backlash.
The machine has a solid aircraft Aluminium frame that makes it durable. It can carry high loads. We can use the machine in multiple cutters like testing, sticking, projecting, etc.
Pilot Pro CNC also includes a tabletop where you can find MDF, Nylon, PDF, etc. You can also increase the rib. This machine can spread the load from the spindle nose to the T-track table.
Check out other best desktop routers that you can use for woodworking.
But right now! Here we are going to review and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the Pilot Pro CNC machine.
Table of Contents
Review Of The Pilot Pro Series
Pilot Pro CNC machine is a user friendly machine for cutting and shaping tools. You can use it to cut and shape light Aluminium parts and shapes or if you would like, you can also use it for working on wood.
Pilot Pro CNC is not the only one that can work on aluminum, there are several different CNC routers that you can use for working on aluminum
Built as a standard stepper motor, the whole frame of this machine is made out of high quality and high load rating material so that it can withstand tension. The manufacturers have used a 6061 aircraft grade aluminium that helps in giving the frame a load handling capability.
This machine is very much suitable for the long run. You can also use this machine to find the diameters and centers of any particular way. This can help you to cut bronze pieces, steel shapes. A great feature is that you get the opportunity to speak with the designer and operator of your machine.
It is also an ideal machine for cutting polycarbonate materials accurately. It also comes with a special Ridgid trim that helps you to cut more rapidly. From a support point of view, you get 12 months of warranty and also support for CAD and CAM.
The pilot pro series is a multi use tool that can be used as a router, 3D printer, laser, milling, drilling and plasma. Since this is a machine which you can customize, you have the liberty to decide your speed by changing the lead screw. For changing the torque, you can change the NEMA frame.
- Pilot Pro 2626 CNC ~ X = 26″ Y = 26″ Z = 5-5/8″
- Machine footprint (W x L x H) – ~ add 13.25″ to X travel, add 17″ to Y travel, Z = 16″
- Gantry clearance – ~7″ but is completely adjustable
- 12 precision linear recirculating ball bearing blocks
- X/Y/Z accuracy / resolution – Precision rolled, class 5 accuracy, Better than JIS (<+-50 µm / 300 mm)
- Spindle mount – Bosch colt or Dewalt 611, or 3.5″ body and spindle options.
- 4 Stepper drivers rated at 1.3 to 4.2 Amps each
- 4 NEMA 23 Stepper motors rated at 623 oz-in bipolar
- Operations – Mill, Drill, carve, 3D Route, engraving, Options: plasma, additive rapid 3D prototyping, laser, dispenser, test probes, camera
- Computer requirements – any PC running Windows
- Power requirements – 115Vac at ~15 amps (standard outlet) or 230Vac / Spindles are rated for 220Vac at 2.2kW, 110V to 220V converters work great
- Control Software – Most programs will work. Lite versions of Mach3, Kcam, and DeskCNC included
- PCB Layout – Eagle Light (free for non-commercial use)
- It provides all four axes along with it.
- It also comes with a 3D modeler program.
- The spindles with it are air coolant.
- It sometimes gets heated efficiently. After getting heated, it takes too much time to complete a task.
Pilot Pro VS. CNC Shark Pro Plus HD
There are lots of people who get confused about which one is better between Pilot Pro and CNC Shark plus. So, here we are going to discuss the differences between them:
- The quality of the pilot pro CNC is much better than the CNC shark.
- The CNC shark is nearly a hobby machine. The pilot uses very durable extrusions. The shark uses low quality plastic materials.
- You can find Hiwin Precision rails in the pilot CNC. On the other hand, you can find low-quality rods in the shark.
- The pilot CNC uses high-quality c5 screws. The shark uses low-quality Aluminium screws.
- The pilot CNC offers all the coordinates in its activity. But the shark CNC offers only two coordinates completely and two other coordinates partially.
- The pilot CNC does not have heat resistivity. The CNC shark provides better heat resistivity.
- The pilot CNC can carry extended programs. But the CNC shark can not expand according to the workload.
Pilot Pro VS. Saturn Series 2
Saturn series 2 is another metal cutting machine that we use to cut hard metals and shape them accordingly. People get confused about which one is better between pilot pro and Saturn series 2.
The Saturn series provides improved 4X4 laser capability. So, we can use it to cut more thick metal pieces. Here are some basic differences between the pilot pro and the Saturn series.
- The Saturn series comes with a high-quality 4X4 laser beam and can cut thick metalloids with very high accuracy. The pilot pro can not cut much thick metal plates.
- Saturn can not do long programs because of the high heat generated inside it. Because the laser beam always generates high heat which can damage the machine.
- A pilot CNC can work for a long period because it uses sharp metal plates. Though in this machine, we can also see generating heat, that is less than Saturn.
- Pilot Pro CNC can provide all coordinates very accurately. But Saturn can only give you accessibility to any two of the co-ordinates.
- The pilot pro does not have any elastic materials inside it. But Saturn contains some elastic materials, because of the need for laser accuracy.
- The Saturn series are not so light to carry from one place to another. On the other hand, the pilot pro is easy to carry and very much reliable.
- The pilot Pro is best to cut the Aluminium plates with much accuracy. The Saturn series is more ideal for cutting the metalloids, cement blocks, bricks, etc.
- Pilot Pro is not a machine that runs on a battery. It runs entirely on the direct current supply. The Saturn series runs on battery. And we need to charge or change the battery when needed.
Pilot Pro VS. CNCRP Benchtop Pro
CNCRP is another high-quality metal cutting machine. And many people like this over pilot Pro. But actually, if you notice, you will find many similarities between these two. Actually, experts say that CNCRP was constructed to eliminate the disadvantages of pilot Pro. Here are some differences to help you to justify which one is better among them.
- Pilot Pro and CNCRP both use Hiwin rails to cut the metal plates. But the difference is that the CNCRP has thirty percent more heat-absorbing capability.
- The pilot Pro uses 1212 pin and rack to cut the thicker metal plates. The CNCRP uses 4848 pins and rack. That is why cutting becomes easier.
- The ball screw in CNCRP is quite easy to circulate, but the rack in the Pilot Pro is more reliable.
- Because the ball screw can fail to take the forces exerted by the metal plates. But racks manage to bear the forces and make the Pilot Pro more reliable.
- The CNCRP comes with dual spindle Okuma, which you can not find in the pilot Pro. But still, Pilot Pro has the handwritten code feature that makes it more user-friendly than the CNCRP.
- The pilot Pro uses G-code in the cutting tool. But the CNCRP does not use the G-code in the cutting tool.
Pilot Pro VS. SaleCNC
Pilot pro is made of good quality materials, and it is sold at a cheap cost. It has a feature of Auto Tool Change. Not only that, it includes the power of 3Hp and an RPM of 24K. It is also available in numerous colors. The new low speed is 1500 to 12000 rpm. It is also having the E20 collection of the spindle.
VDF power supply is required along with 220 vacs. The heat produced by the machine can be reduced by water-cooled technology.In the case of SaleCNC, this high accuracy, wood cutting machine comes with a unique design. It works so fast. This machine includes a memory of a breakpoint.
To have guaranteed longevity, this machine has a dust-proof structure. Because of the faster speed, it can fulfill the need for carving patterns as well as woodwork design. The system can run by type3 software, and the table size is 1665*3500mm. The working area is 1500*3000*200. You can easily use this machine for decorating rooms, engraving furniture. It can also be used to modify musical instruments, industrial equipment, building models, etc. It can cut material like wood, foam, plastic, and plastic board also.
Pilot Pro VS. Blacktoe
Blacktoe is suitable only for light works. One can not cut aluminum to .020 of an inch. In a sentence, we can say it can not cut the aluminum. It can provide an excellent service to cut light material like balsa. If you want to mount an indicator against the spindle, then you will not be able to deviate it .125 inch with a finger.
The good thing about this machine is the parts of it. The parts are coated with multiple layers for being protected from water or moisture. And if the ant particular part gets damaged, then we can easily replace it.However, we can say there is no comparison between Pilot Pro and Blacktoe. The pilot Pro machine is much ahead and developed from Blacktoe. It has a feature of Auto Tool Change.
Not only that, it includes the power of 3Hp and an RPM of 24K. It is also available in numerous colors. The new low speed is 1500 to 12000 rpm. It is also having the E20 collection of the spindle. VDF power supply is required along with 220 vacs. The heat produced by the machine can be reduced by water-cooled technology. We can have a default Z-axis travel of 5.5 inches pilot pro is made of good quality materials, and it is sold at a cheap cost.
Pilot Pro VS. Joe’s 4×4 Hybrid
We can have a clear idea about joe’s 4×4 Hybrid machine from its name. Now it is one of the famous CNC machines. This machine is made of steel unistrut. The main advantage is that the engine is straightforward, and it is made without any Proprietary components or gimmicky parts.
The average speed of this machine is 100 to 150 IPM according to set up. But if we have a better set up, then the speed will be 300 IPM. This can be a great machine for small shops. Don’t get stuck with Pilot Pro CNC, also check out other CNC routers best for small shops and hobbyists.Pilot Pro is made of good quality materials, and it is sold at a cheap cost. It has a feature of Auto Tool Change.
Not only that, it includes the power of 3Hp and an RPM of 24K. It is also available in numerous colors. The new low speed is 1500 to 12000 rpm. It is also having the E20 collection of the spindle. VDF power supply is required along with 220 vacs. The heat produced by the machine can be reduced by water-cooled technology. We can have a default Z-axis travel of 5.5 inches.
To make our business better, we must know which machine is the best. Pilot Pro CNC is a good quality machine that can be your partner in your workplace. But still, as a buyer, you must check the durability, heat resistivity, and price while buying the machine. All in all, this is a really good machine for anyone who is serious about all the operations that a CNC does.