Willing to buy a new tabletop? But getting confused over an MDF or a Woodpeckers Phenolic router table top? Well, your confusion is justified! When it comes to choosing the right router table top, people tend to get confused over Phenolic and MDF.
Talking about the right tabletop, the thickness, and consistency of the flatness is two key factors we consider. Keeping this in mind, we can say Woodpeckers phenolic router tables are better than MDF because the phenolic tables are made up of high quality solid phenolic material.
Table of Contents
Things To Consider While Choosing The Right Router Table Top
Starting from durability to the table surface, you need to consider a few very essential things along with your budget when it comes to choosing the right tabletop. Here we are going to discuss 6 key factors that you must have to look after.
1. Table Surface: As told earlier, the table surface is one of the most important factors you must consider when it is about choosing the router table. You need to pick a table having a flat, durable, and rigid surface. Alongside, ensure the surface does not have any bumps or any other flaws.
2. Adjustable Fence: This is another important factor you need to look after on your tabletop. An easily adjustable fence is your basic requirement. You can either choose one-piece or two-pieces fences depending on the level of control you need when it comes to handling boards.
3. Dust Collector: As a woodworker, we all know the amount of dust gets produced at the time of working. It’s crucial to choose a router table with a decent dust collector. The dust collector will not only keep your working area clean but also can ensure you stay protected from the dust while working.
4. Sturdy and robust Base: This is another essential factor you need to consider while selecting your Router table. Routing work generates a massive amount of pressure on the base. Therefore, if the base is not sturdy enough, you will never have the much-required stability at the time of working.
5. Safety and Durability: While completing your routing work safety must be your primary concern. You need to choose a product having all the safety certificates and features. Alongside check where the table has been manufactured. To match with the American manufacturing standards, you need something manufactured in the US.
If you are new to woodworking then make sure as a beginner you don’t do these mistakes.
6. Budget: Obviously, you have picked a budget while deciding to buy your routing table. If you want something which is cost-effective and at the same time durable enough having a look at the Woodpeckers Phenolic Router table can be a worthy choice.
You may be wondering…..
“Which product you should choose while covering all the above-mentioned aspects?”
Woodpeckers RT2432-PH Phenolic Router Table can be an exceptional choice for you.
Here is why choosing the Woodpeckers RT2432-PH Phenolic Tabletop over regular MDF table top is always a better option.
Why Choose Woodpeckers RT2432-PH Phenolic Router over MDF?
When you have to choose between MDF and Phenolic tabletop from Woodpeckers, the second one always gives you a better choice. Before talking about the aspects of Woodpeckers RT2432-PH Phenolic tabletop, you must be aware of few drawbacks the MDF has.
- MDF sags over time if its not supported convincingly by the box below.
- Being soft, MDF tends to get worn easily
- MDF table top swells if you ever drop water on it accidentally
Here’s a Google Scholar Article and Patent that gives a clear cut proof how Woodpeckers RT2432-PH Router Table is way ahead in it’s field.
Features That Matter
Along with two router table fence mounting tracks lodged at the tabletop, Woodpeckers Phenolic Router offers a T-track and a mitre channel. The tables are pre-drilled along with holes threaded so that you can attach the table stand made of stainless steel easily.
It’s not like the old school Phenolic tables the Woodpeckers RT2432-PH Phenolic Router table top is made up of high hardness, and low fiction mineral top. This top is much stronger and durable than the PVC used in competing Router lifts. This new age phenolic table top material is safe from humidity, heat and most importantly does not get swollen if you drop water accidently.
Accuracy with Precision
To make sure that the table can sustain through tight pressure of routing the tabletop consistently along with the stands are machined through advanced CNC apparatuses. Alongside high-end cutting tools are also used to ensure the fit and finish.
The router plate has an opening of 9¼” x 11¾” by 3/8″ deep along with a ¾” radius corners. The precisely sized plate ensures compatibility with all the mounting and lift for standard size.
Made in the USA
Woodpecker has made this premium quality tool keeping US manufacturing standard in mind. It holds the certificate for American tool standard and has all the required feature considering safety and durability.
What Comes Inside the Box?
- Package comes in a wooden box weighing 50 Pounds
- Woodpeckers Table top (43.4 x 27.2 x 1.1 inches )
Hardware to install:
- Tracks (DP track and combo track)
- Screws for the stand
- Instruction sheet
A safe and uninterrupted routing experience is something your routing table can ensure for you. While covering all the aspects, the Woodpeckers RT2432-PH Phenolic tabletop is a real masterpiece in its segment. Made of phenolic top these tables are much affordable than MDF one. The material used are sturdy enough to last long, and when it is from Woodpeckers, you can definitely bet on its quality.
While you create a masterpiece, you need the support of a masterpiece behind your back! So, what are you waiting for?